Tuesday, August 5, 2008

China out of road with low-cost labor

On the eve of the Beijing Olympics, Business Line, which I now realize is a publication of The Hindu group of newspapers, has run an interview with me about The China Price, noting my comment that China has run out of road with its low-cost labor strategy. I can't stress enough how significant this is for so many industries - I was just talking to someone in the shipping industry who explained that part of the reason that more transshipments are now going to Hong Kong is because of rising labor costs in the mainland. Anyway, in Business Line's print edition, there is a very frightening picture of me, but fortunately, online readers appear to have been spared. Read the interview here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested to learn more about your work. I host a show on Voice America Women. As founder of Amazing Woman's Day I bring together hundreds of women in day-long events designed to ignite the creative brilliance of women the world over. www.AmazingWomansDay2008.com www.MarshEngle.com

I invite you to join our online community http://amazingwomansday.ning.com